|A proven track record
While not all eligible claims will receive a discount, UMR makes every effort to attain a discount and reduce your claim costs. UMR’s secondary network arrangements attain an average discount of 27 percent while our fee negotiations garner 20 percent and facility U&C 30 percent.
Because the monthly fee is based on percent-of-savings, the CRS program is truly win-win. Nearly all stop loss carriers have agreed to consider the CRS program fees as reimbursable expenses under the stop loss contract, so the fees accumulate toward your contract maximums—the specific deductible and aggregate claim maximum.
The total cost of your UMR self-funded plan is therefore reduced by the CRS program. This is a standard offering for all customers, not an option.
90 percent to 92 percent of all claims are PPO. Of the remaining 8 percent to 10 percent non-PPO claims about half will hit the secondary network strategy. Only 2 percent to 3 percent of the non-PPO claims actually engage Corvel for facility U&C review.